Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reflection

Aaron Rucinski
10/14/08

Reflection

Personally I think the overall product of our newspaper front page was done fairly well and a lot of time was put into it. Some things that reflect this hard work is the article I wrote about the Nebraska Act which was a major part of the Lincoln Douglas debates. Plus the demographic shows who would be affected by this act and how there would’ve have been more slave states rather than Free states causing the balance to be uneven. Another thing I contributed was my Photoshop picture I made of Lincoln and Douglas in front of the American flag. The last thing I contributed to the group was how much I worked on the Indesign. I went and stayed in for lunch to even do it. I tried really hard on it and made sure it was the highest quality I could do. I tried getting help from Randy and picked his brain for ideas on how to make it look more physically appealing. In the end I think it turned out really well.

Some things I think I need to change are the small things like looks and the lines I made. I also need to work on the spacing of the articles and the overall presence the piece has as the reader looks at it. I would also try to make the Photoshop thing I made a bit more historically accurate like Lincoln being taller and the right flag in the back not the one from present day. Plus I think I would make my headline a bit stronger and make sure all the headlines weren’t done so quickly and as a group thought about how they should be written because that’s what attracts people to read your article so it is very important to have a good headline.

Overall I think I worked very hard on this project yet I know in the first two days I had a tough time staying focused making it harder for me to get good evidence for my my article which was basically what a news article is all about. When I was working on the Indesign program I thought it was a lot of fun so I would work hard and made sure I used my time wisely to make it the best it could be. I got people input and asked Randy on certain parts that I didn’t know what to do and any opinions he had about it or ideas on how to make it look better or appeal to the audience. On the last day, Monday at the end of the first hour of work time I thought I was done so I was just talking instead of doing my work. After I had Jacob and Randy came out to look at it I noticed how much had to be done since Randy just went and said like 10 different things we had to do that would make our project look a lot better and personally I think he right. I think it looks a lot better and draws the reader in better after I did what he said. One thing I think would have helped out a lot is if we printed out a copy first to see how it would look then go and fix any mistakes there would be back on the computer and that would be the final draft. That would have stopped a lot of the spacing issues I had when I printed out my final draft this time.

No comments: