Thursday, November 6, 2008

Part 1

I feel like McCain would be the better presidential candidate but overall I am ok with the results. I feel that security will have to be a big issue because since he is black there are certain groups of people who may want to kill him because of there beliefs on minorities. I am worried that he will pull out of Iraq really fast which will in the long run hurt the Iraq economy as well as allow the terrorists to take over. Some things that I am looking forward to is equality for all people which i think is something that even though its in the constitution not everyone follows those rules and those things should be taken a bit more seriously.

I also believe i have a good amount of civic knowledge and understand fairly well the current events that are happening and the reasons behind them. I cant say this for most of the adults in the US but i feel overall i understand these issues better than most adults.



Part 2

Question: What are the top 5 beaches in San Diego based off of cleanliness of the water, cleanliness of the beach, Tourism and money generated.

Resources that are needed: A graphing program so I can make graphs, reports like heal the bay and the water testing that we are doing in class. I will also need sites talking about money that is generated by tourism and the amount of tourists that visit these beaches every year.

People needed: I will not have to interview anyone to do this. I will have to talk to Brandon and Randy.

For the first week. I will be getting information from the lab tests and make sure I get the information from many different beaches so i can compare them. I will also be going and getting information on the internet and get some background info on all of the popular beaches in San Diego.

Second week I will get be getting information from many different ranking systems and see how they rank there beaches. I will use these as a stepping stone to make my guide and build upon them so that I can get a good system to rank these beaches to the best of my ability and provide a accurate ranking based off 4 different topics.

Third and Fourth week and Fifth week. I will start working on my graphs and make sure I understand how to use the program as well as work on my Web page that I will be posting this on. I will also need to work on my writing portion and get it looked at many different people like my friends and my teachers. Lastly I will need to check all my information and make sure everything is 100% correct and work on getting some pictures to show how these beaches look so the public can get a visual view as well as picturing it through the piece of writing I will be creating.

No comments: